A parasite is an organism adapted to adverse conditions that can live in any part of the human body. Compiled a special treatment for parasites in the hair, in case the parasites live in the head. Moreover, these creatures live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment and prevention of parasites on the human head.
Types of parasites and hair symptoms
There are whole classes of organisms that parasitize on human hair. Their food component is human tissue, ie skin, sebum, blood. Feeding on tissues, parasites feel the appearance of itching, scalp pain, hair loss and the creation of significant discomfort. Such parasites are difficult not to detect, they are extremely dangerous for human health.
Pediculosis or, in other words, lice are known to every parent and every child. The main risk group is school-age children. The main danger from the ears is invisibility to the naked eye. They look like tiny bugs that are able to disguise themselves under the light skin of a human head, due to the pale color of the body. Nits are the eggs of lice that cling tightly to the root of the hair, making them often difficult to get rid of. The nits contain larvae. Ears can run fast, transmitted by direct human contact, or by touching the head, hat or clothing. The bites are left, and they feel most comfortable in the temples and on the back of the head.
Fleas are omnivorous parasites
Fleas used to be carriers of plague and typhus. Most often a resident of animal fur, but it also occurs in humans. These are insects of different shades - from yellowish to dark brown. Fleas are classified according to the type of host. They are divided into the following types:
- Household: underwear; genital.
- Others: dogs; feline; chicken; man; rats; earthlings.
Human fleas are versatile. They can feed on human, dog or cat blood. In addition, there are species that choose their habitat in the form of rugs, upholstered furniture. Such fleas are called domestic. In the yard live earth fleas that do not pose a danger to humans, because they do not feed on blood. The main danger of fleas is that they transmit infectious diseases.
Parasites under the scalp
Subcutaneous parasites are common in hot tropical countries. To get rid of them, it takes much more time and effort than those that live on the surface of the skin. Beneath the scalp, joints, armpits, the gap between the fingers is parasitized by the microscopic mange mite that causes scabies. It feeds on human skin tissues, biting under the skin and causing unbearable itching. Another dangerous subcutaneous pest is heartworm. This parasite develops under the lining of the eye, which can damage vision or even blind a person. It is possible to get rid of it only by surgery.
Mites or demodex live in human hair and eyelashes. Harmful to the scalp and hair structure, causing excessive hair loss. They initially feed on dry scales - pieces of dead skin, and then reach the follicles and cause serious damage, causing hair to fall out. Mites on the lashes cause the formation of white or yellowish scales between the hairs, as well as their loss. This parasite often causes bright red acne on the face. It may not remind itself for a long time, but when the immunity weakens, it is felt by the above reactions.
Reasons for the appearance of parasites on the human head
Every type of parasite enters the human body from the external environment. Ears are transmitted directly from person to person or through infected items. Fleas are brought into the house by pets, they are transmitted from animal to animal, and also from animal to person and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body along with raw water, as a result of swimming in contaminated water bodies of animals, as well as direct contact between humans. Demodex lives in the human body, not causing discomfort and damage, but in case of deterioration of the quality of skin care, hair, use of aggressive cosmetics, it activates and causes the extremely unpleasant symptoms described above.
Each type of parasite that lives in the human head requires a specific approach to treatment. Pediculosis is usually treated at home. Use intended medicines, which can be in the form of sprays, shampoos, creams, emulsions. To choose a suitable drug from the variety presented in stores and pharmacies, you should pay attention to the composition of the drug.
Get rid of fleas
A flea is an unstable inhabitant of the human body. He is constantly on the move. The parasite, after drinking the blood, leaves the body until it is hungry again and begins to look for a new victim. Therefore, the more or less permanent habitat of this parasite is room or animal hair. There are many medications for pet treatment that are sold in pet stores. To get rid of fleas indoors, they use different methods of disinfection. Cleaning is done by buying a special tool or ordering this service from the appropriate service. In addition, it is worth remembering that if fleas are found on an animal, you should make sure that they have already laid larvae in different parts of the house. Therefore, treating the animal alone is not enough. Usually room disinfection is combined with animal hair treatment.
Expulsion of subcutaneous parasites
Compared to the skin, parasites under the skin are a much bigger nuisance, if not a danger to human health. Treating hair from parasites that live under the skin takes a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult in terms of diagnosis, because the symptoms are often falsely perceived as diseases of internal organs. They are most often treated surgically, but some of them, such as scabies, are removed with the help of ointments, solutions and other medications.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body until external conditions cause its active diet and rapid development. Treatment requires a lot of time, effort and regularity. To deal with this problem, your own efforts are not enough: you can not do without an experienced dermatologist. Once you are sure that the symptoms indicate demodex, it is worth supplying:
- medicines prescribed by a doctor (as preparations with the addition of sulfur fats, tars, zinc and live fats); antifungal ointments;
- anti-inflammatory ointments;
Be careful with demodex medications! As a rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, they are contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation, kidney and liver diseases.
Like treatment, each disease has its own preventive measures. To warn a child against ear diseases, it is worth teaching him to use only his comb, hats and not to allow other children to take personal hygiene products. In public places (in cafes, schools, circles) we recommend that you hang your outerwear on a common hanger, after turning it upside down.
Special flea collars for cats and dogs are used to prevent fleas in animals. Bathe pets with preventative shampoos. When it comes to preventing fleas indoors, it is enough to keep the house clean. To avoid the problem of parasites under the skin, you should not drink unboiled water, swim in standing water bodies (especially in countries with hot climates) and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as already mentioned, will not create problems if you follow the rules of hair and skin hygiene, using appropriate cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
Intestinal parasites in humans, according to the World Health Organization, take about 16 million lives a year. Intestinal or helminthic parasites in humans can be recognized by the resulting disturbances in the work of various organs, by a change in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The signs of worms are often similar to those of other diseases. Therefore, it is necessary to go through tests for the presence, determining the types of parasites for their proper removal. The drugs chosen depend on the type of helminth.
Main types of existing worms:
- Ascaris - size reaches 40 cm. It enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that enter the soil can live there for several years. In the body, ascaris larvae penetrate the intestinal walls, blood, liver, brain, lungs, heart. They exist due to the diet of red blood cells, nutrients.
- Toxocara - this parasite is carried by a dog. Toxocara eggs enter the soil along with emptying the dog; lives in the soil for several years. They enter the body with dirty hands, for example, when children play in the ground or sand. After entering the body, toxocara develops and lives without excretion. In length, an adult grows up to 30 cm.
- Pinworm is the most common helminth in children, 1 cm long. It lives in the small and large intestine; it reproduces by going out through the anus at night. It lays eggs on bedding, bedding, skin folds. Eggs mature after 5 hours and re-enter the body through dirty hands, dust, laundry, toys.
- The tapeworm is wide - an adult reaches a length of 10 m, it can live in a person up to 25 years. It enters the body together with raw or unprocessed fish and its caviar.
- Echinococci and alveococci are transmitted by animal carriers. Inside the body are found through poorly washed greens, fruits, vegetables, raw water.
- Pork and bovine tapeworm - the name refers to the vectors of these parasites. You can get infected with poorly prepared meat, bacon and meat products. The length of the beef tape is 7 m, the pork tape is 2 m. Life expectancy is up to 20 years.
- Hookworm - the infection occurs mainly through the skin while walking barefoot.
- The hairy head is an intestinal parasite that enters the body with dirty hands, lives on the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia - is mainly observed in the child's body, and comes there with dirty hands, toys, household items. It multiplies very quickly.
Parasites in the human gut lead an active lifestyle. Their existence causes certain symptoms.
- Diarrhea: Worms produce substances that cause diarrhea in the intestines.
- Constipation: Worms can block organs due to their size and congestion. Helminthic invasion blocks the bile and intestinal ducts.
- Irritation of the intestines, bloating, gases - products of parasite action cause inflammation, irritate the intestinal mucosa. The nutrients that come with food are poorly or not absorbed at all. The fat goes to the large intestine instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excess gas and bloating.
- Allergies are triggered by the release of toxins from helminths. The body begins to intensively produce protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, their excessive production and leads to allergies.
- Skin changes: possible acne rash, rash, sores, eczema, ulcers. Cracks appear on the heels and the nails become brittle. Dandruff appears on the hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occur when certain types of worms roam the body in search of suitable organs or tissues for their existence. When they find favorable places and inhabit them, then similar pains appear.
- Weight loss or overweight: weight loss occurs as a result of decreased appetite and indigestion; excess weight occurs with a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, which is why the feeling of hunger is constantly haunted.
- Constant fatigue is accompanied by apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and memory.
- Decreased immunity: the body cannot resist infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia occurs due to the fact that some types of worms stick to the intestinal mucosa and from there absorb useful substances.
- Nervousness - is caused by toxic waste from the vital activity of helminths, which irritates the central nervous system. Sleep is disturbed, irritability and depression appear, and people gnash their teeth in their sleep.
- Respiratory tract diseases: in case of worm penetration into the respiratory organs, body temperature may rise, runny nose is a concern; in severe cases, pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determining the presence of worms
To determine the presence, type of parasite, the doctor prescribes giving tests in stages. Fecal analysis is collected and submitted several times.
In addition, scrapings are taken from the anus area. In some cases, an X-ray with barium is prescribed. It is recommended that each family member take the tests.
Treatment of parasites and worms
In case of confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body, after discovering the type and type of worms present, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment by various means. This can be a dosage form, with which an alternative remedy - the use of herbs - will serve you.
The worm removal process can be divided into several stages.
- The first is to prepare the body for elimination. It is necessary to clean the intestines, liver, biliary tract.
- The second stage is the direct removal of parasites.
- Third - recovery after treatment of the immune system, damaged organs, strengthening the general well-being.
Helminth removal drugs such as roundworms, toxocara, earthworms are prescribed. Many of them have a wide range of effects, so they can be used against a number of parasites. You can also carry out additional cleansing procedures with folk remedies using herbs: celandine, tansy, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, elecampane, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seeds and other herbs. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites that live in the digestive organs, lungs, blood; pomegranate bark - from earthworms and earthworms; pumpkin seeds - from worms; cinnamon, ginger and cardamom are good preventative anthelmintic herbs. They usually take decoctions of several herbs, herbal preparations.
Adherence to diet during treatment
It is recommended to maintain the body by keeping a diet during treatment. The diet must necessarily contain juices, dairy products, fruits, fiber foods, carrots, beets, garlic. Be sure to drink more fluids. By the way, taking medications that contain food enzymes will help the gastrointestinal tract to function normally; with probiotic content (bifidobacteria) - to restore the beneficial microflora in the intestines. It is also recommended to take vitamin C, zinc.
To prevent the risk of helminth infection, you must follow simple hygiene rules. From the cause of the infection, it is clear that many types of parasites enter the body with unwashed hands.
Therefore, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially after walking, staying outside, after using the toilet, before eating, etc.
In addition, you need to clean your living space regularly, if you have pets, you need to give them anti-mucus products regularly and disinfect them further. Proper nutrition, drinking boiled water also plays an important role. Do not buy products of dubious quality.
For preventive purposes, you can take anthelmintic drugs if there are pets in the house, if the residence is a village, a village. Taking medication is also recommended if children are in constant contact with each other (kindergarten, school); if you often have to travel abroad or go out in nature to relax, fish, fish, etc.
To constantly monitor the condition of a healthy body, it is advisable to take tests to check for the possible presence of parasites at a certain time. The most important condition for protecting the body from the introduction of intestinal parasites is respect for cleanliness, hygiene, order.